Monday, April 21, 2008

One is Silver and the Other Gold.....

Finals can be stressful. Wow, I think that was the understatement of the century. Even though I only have 2 days left, it feels like I’ll never see the end. However, it’s times like these that I’m grateful for my wonderful friends who help make the stress seem so much less apparent.



Last night I went to the last Jerusalem reunion before everyone leaves for the summer, and people graduate, get married, go on missions, etc. Never mind that the slide show ended up being an HOUR long (heh, yeah, probably the only person who’d be willing to sit through that with me again would be Mom) I got hit with an overwhelming wave of nostalgia. I’m really going to miss everyone. It was with that group of friends that I really learned about pure compassionate service, and the importance of striving for a Zion-like community. I have been so fortunate to have known each and everyone of them, and can honestly say they have all taught me something beneficial for my self improvement.
As I embark on my mission I am sure to gain new friends-companions, service couples, tourists, church members. I look forward to gleaning more light and knowledge from them. How lucky am I that I will get to learn from and form new friendships with such a wide variety of people!
Let me not forget to mention the wonderful consistant friends that help me through the monotony and stress of everyday life. I feel so blessed because although this semester has been stressful, it has been from the labors of good fruit. I know more people on campus this semester more than any other. I feel like I have failed many of them because I don’t have the time to nurish every friendship like I would like to, but I hope that I have been able at least to convey my gratitude in knowing them. It is these people who truly deserve my biggest thanks. What have I done to be so fortunate?
So, to all of you, my wonderful friends of the past, present, and future, (this includes my relatives of course, because you all have been and will continue to be my longest lived and eternal friends) thank you.

No comments: