Thursday, April 3, 2008

Update

I thought I’d try something new today. Instead of thinking of something cleaver to write about, I thought I’d give you an update on what is going on in my life, after all, that is what MOST people use their blogs for, right?

I suppose it’s a good thing my camera is broken and I cannot post pictures because all you would see is photos of the BYU library. Yes, I have taken up residence there. Finals are fast approaching (2 weeks!) and I spend most of my awake hours there. Things I am trying to complete:

Conference Paper on the Scarlet Letter

Paper on Neo-Post Feminism through the movie Chocolat

Term Paper of American Theory and Method on the movie Casablanca

Regular American Lit reading assignments

Not to mention a Theory, Lit, and Church History Final to start studying for…

As fascinating as this all sounds, I do manage to get some rare moments of “fun” in.

This winter I participated in both doubles and singles Tennis intramurals. Doubles went well, and singles… well, I’m out by now. It was great fun though, and for just coming out of retirement for 3 ½ years, I did pretty well.

My roommate move out mid-February to get married and I now have my own bedroom for the first time in 8 years—Heavenly.

I went ice blocking for the first time EVER last Saturday. I got a little bruised, but finally got the hang of it and walked away without any grass stains.

I got the subject assignment for my farewell talk on May 18 (okay, this wasn’t a moment of “fun”, but it is an event of note).

And finally, this really has nothing to do with anything, but, I found out that in Disney’s Pocahontas Mel Gibson is the voice of John Smith, singing and everything! Cool.

P.S. Congratulations to cousin Michael who got his mission call to Tokyo Japan yesterday!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Hooray for finding your blog (when you mentioned having one, I had to look...)!That's really all. Good luck with papers. and finals. and life.

Gee Vee said...

Sweetie -- I'm a known feminist, have taught courses on feminism. written feminist papers, and seen the film Chocolat. However, I could not do your assignment. Please let me read YOUR paper.

l, gmav

Jane said...

Liz, those long hours in the library are obviously affecting your memory...not sharing a room with me is heavenly? Grades are important but for goodness sake get some sleep!