Thursday, March 20, 2008

Literature that Lives

I believe that I promised I would be posting a list of my top ten all-time favorite books. It's almost humorous that I've set these restrictions on myself, because whenever someone else asks me this question, I usually take liberties and result with giving them an extra 5-10 books that they weren't expecting. Well, here I go (in no particular order):

Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner**
The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom*
Follow the River by James Alexander Thom**(based on a true story)
To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee**
My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok**
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak **
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho**
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith**
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankel*
And There was Light by Jacques Lusseyran *

Honorary Mention (I knew I couldn't keep it to just 10)
The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara

** Fiction, the story is beautiful but invented to relay a point
* Non Fiction, first hand accounts that never cease to inspire me

What can I say? I love literature!

No comments: